SaaS and other Website Content:
If you use the Website or SaaS as an End User to fill out and submit any forms or other data fields, you may be requested or required to set up an account with Ascent. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computers or devices, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You agree to immediately notify Ascent of any unauthorized use of your account of which you become aware. You agree that Ascent is not responsible for third party access to your account that results from theft or misappropriation of your password or account. You may not allow another person to use your account, or assign or transfer your account to any other person or entity, without Ascent’s prior written consent.
You agree that Ascent may use any personal data that you provide or otherwise to contact you (e.g., by email), to provide you with a login to access the SaaS. If you use the login and authorize Ascent to retain your personal data in an account for you, Ascent may retain your personal data in that account for as long as you keep that account. An account gives you the option to reuse your personal data for other transactions hosted by Ascent.
Appraisers will be listed in the nationwide Ascent Appraiser Directory. All Clients will have access to the Ascent Appraiser Directory from within the SaaS. If you an appraiser and submit information to the Website or SaaS, you expressly consent to the inclusion of your contact information and other identifying information, such as license numbers, in the Ascent Appraiser Directory.
Your Warranties and Restrictions on Use of Website and SaaS:
- You will not use the SaaS or Ascent IP for any unauthorized business or unlawful transactions. If you are using the SaaS under a Client’s license, you will not use the SaaS in connection with any business office location or site not authorized under the Client’s license.
- You will not use the Website or SaaS in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website or SaaS or interfere with any other party’s use and benefit of the Website or SaaS.
- You will not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information on or through the Website or SaaS through circumventing any access or use restrictions or by any other unauthorized methods, such as hacking or password mining.
- You may not use any bots, spiders, page-scraping or other automated or manual processes or methods to copy or monitor this Website or any of its contents.
- You will not upload any content, information (including personal information of yourself or another individual) or other data (collectively, “User Content”) that contains any libelous or unlawful material or any materials or instructions that may cause harm or injury, or violates any person’s right of privacy or any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights.
- You will not copy, modify, publish, transmit, reverse engineer, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any other way use or exploit any of the content of the SaaS, Website or other Ascent IP other than for their authorized purposes. You will use Ascent IP solely for your internal use and as allowed by the Client License.
- You will not delete or alter any proprietary rights or attribution notices in any content or Ascent IP obtained through the Website or SaaS.
- You will not use the SaaS, or other Ascent IP to develop a competitive product or service, or copy any of their content, features, functions or designs. You will not allow a direct competitor of Ascent to access the SaaS through your, or any other, account with Ascent.
Suspension or Termination of Account or Access to SaaS
Third Party Linked Sites and Services:
The Website or SaaS may provide links to third party websites (“Linked Sites”) for the purposes of providing certain services or information. Such Linked Sites may include social media, credit card processing, and seminar/webinar registration. The Linked Sites are not operated or controlled by Ascent, and Ascent is not responsible for any of the contents of any Linked Sites, including any additional links contained in a Linked Site, or for any products or services provided by such third parties. Ascent is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Ascent of the site or any association with the owners or operators of the Linked Site.
All content and materials on the Website or made available through the Website, including articles, form, videos, text, software, graphics, logos and images (“Ascent Materials”), are the property of Ascent or its Clients.. All Ascent Materials are protected by copyright and/or other laws that protect intellectual property and proprietary rights. You agree to comply with all copyright and other proprietary notices, legends or other restrictions applicable to any Ascent Materials.
Disclaimer of Warranties:
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY AGREED BETWEEN ASCENT AND YOU OR YOUR ORGANIZATION IN A SEPARATE CONTRACT, THE SAAS IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” ASCENT PROVIDES NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE FUNCTION OR USE OF THE SAAS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR INFRINGEMENT. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SAAS IS WITH CLIENT. ASCENT DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SAAS WILL MEET CLIENT’S REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SAAS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
Limitation of Liability:
Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation of liability for personal injury, or of incidental or consequential damages, so some of these disclaimers or limitations may not apply to you.
Copyright Infringement and Takedown Notices:
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and we expect our users to do the same. If you believe any materials or content on the Website are infringing, please notify us as specified in the “Ascent Contact Information” section below. We will respond to such notices, consistent with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable laws.
The trademarks, service marks and logos displayed on this Website, including within the SaaS (collectively, “Trademarks”), are registered and/or unregistered Trademarks of Ascent, its Clients and other third parties. Ascent’s use of a third party’s Trademark or content on this Website does not indicate any endorsement by Ascent of such third party or its products or services. You are not granted any right or license to use the Trademarks of Ascent or others that appear on this Website, other than for authorized business purposes.
The Website and SaaS are controlled, operated and administered by Ascent from our offices within the USA. If you access the Website or SaaS from a location outside the USA, you are solely responsible for compliance with all local laws.
You agree to receive all notices and communications from Ascent regarding the SaaS by electronic means, which include email and notices posted on the Website or in the portal to the SaaS. You agree that such electronic notices shall satisfy any legal requirement of written notification to you.
Ascent Contact Information:
270 N Main Street, Suite A, Alpine, Utah 84004